Jervey B. Basungit
Carmen C. Fadchar
Jover L. Infante
Cristy L. Pitas
Adviser: Jovelyn P. Lao-e, MAEd
The study sough to answer the following questions: What are the requirements that are needed to develop the proposed system; what are the features that can be added for the proposed system; and what is the level of the clients’ satisfaction on the proposed system.
To be able to develop the proposed system, the researchers made use of Unified Process. It has four phases. These are inception, elaboration, construction, and transition phase.
Based on the findings, the researchers concluded that Kalei’s Grill Restobar is currently implementing the traditional way of conducting their inventory where they encounter some difficulties that affect the process and result of the inventory. The proposed system can address the said difficulties by several features that the system can offer.
In relation to the conclusion, the researchers recommended the deployment of the proposed system to help them lessen human participation. This will at least lessen the problems that they usually encountered in their existing process.
SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT METHODOLOGY
In the development of the system, the researchers used Unified Process, which is cited by Arshad (2011) as usually the primary choice for object-oriented software production. Unified process, as stated by Alhir (2012), is the primary object-oriented methodology in which each phase consists of number of workflows. Scott (2010) explained that to carry out that workflow, the steps of the workflow are repeatedly performed until the members of the development team are satisfied.
SUMMARY OF FINDINGS
Based on the discussion of the results, the researchers were able to come up with the following summary of findings:
- The existing inventory system of Kalei’s Grill Restobar starts with the manual counting and listing of received products from requisition up to the consumption of products in the kitchen and bar sections wherein problems were noted to be encountered such as time-consuming, error-prone, and redundant process, and unsecured and uncetralized record and report. Likewise, the ICT infrastructure was identified to have software and hardware specifications as AMD SempronTM 140 Processor 2.70GHz, 2.00 GB RAM, 32-bit, and Windows 7 Ultimate as Operating System.
- The features included in the development of the system are security, stocks management and monitoring, inter-warehouse transfers and centralized database, and report generation.
- The level of client’s satisfaction on the proposed system based on the acceptance test on usability is Agree with an average weighted mean of 3.48.
Based on the summary of findings, the researchers were able to arrive with the following conclusions:
- The requirements needed for the proposed system are the process involved in the inventory system, problems encountered in the existing process, and ICT infrastructure of Kalei’s Grill Restobar.
- The features embraced in the development of the proposed inventory system were based on the use-cases and problems encountered in the existing system.
- The level of the client’s satisfaction on the proposed system is average.
Based on the conclusions, the following recommendations are drawn:
- The management of the restobar shall look into the possibility of deploying the system for the improvement of their inventory process and evade the problems being encountered with the inventory.
- The management shall consider upgrading the company’s ICT infrastructure for better performance on the deployment of the proposed system.
- Features not included in this study may be added such as sales inventory for future related studies.
- Future researchers may opt to convert the developed system into web-based or online system.
- Staff training is much recommended before the deployment of the proposed system.